Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including:
- Information you provide to us, including information you may provide through your access of our Site via a third-party social networking site.
- Information we collect as you navigate through our Site via Google analytics, such as usage details, IP addresses, cookies, web beacons, other non-identifying information.
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, including your name, postal address, gender, email address, phone number, and/or other requested information. This information may be provided at the time of requesting further information or services, posting or sending material to the Site, or accessing our Site via a third-party social networking site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
Information collected via Google Analytics
- Usage Details and IP Addresses. As you navigate through the Site, we may collect details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer or mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ equipment, browsing actions, and patterns[, and does not identify any individual].
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity). [Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Site and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Site.]
- Other Non-Identifying Information. We may collect other information received through the operation and personalization of your use of the Site, such as individual or viewing preferences, to compile aggregated statistics concerning users’ use of the Site.]
We do not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may tie this information to your previously submitted personally identifiable information.]
How We Use Personal Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our Site and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of our Site.
- To take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Site.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via the Site to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, or successors.
- Third-party social networking sites through which you have accessed our Site.
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- Organizations that perform services for us or on our behalf, including, without limitation, to provide customer service; to conduct research, marketing, or data processing; or to provide marketing and promotional services for us, to the extent that information is necessary.
- A buyer in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or any other form of sale of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about its customers is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order, subpoena, warrant, or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Identity theft and the practice known as “phishing” are also of concern to us. We take measures to protect you from identify theft, and do not request your financial information or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted via our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Third Party Websites
BioMagnetic Sciences, LLC
5209 West 73rd Street
Minneapolis, MN 55439
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the above contact information.